Sunday, January 8, 2012

New Horns

Okay, I tried to get more mileage out of my Stebel Compact Nautilus horn.  It spent the first two years of it's life mounted to the left crash bar of my DL650 V-Strom, protecting me from distracted and oblivious cagers in the urban rat-wheel. Another year on the T-Dub, and the end was near.  My over-eager attempt to "fix" the horn brought it's quick demise.  I tried.  Honest I did.
It was revealing how often I cover the horn button in urgan riding.  I don't hit the blaster often, but I cover the button frequently.  Knowing I had no horn brought me quickly to it's replacement.
What comes next?   A Pair of Fiamm Freeway Blasters. One was loud.  Two is impressive.  I think they'll hear me.  Can't be too visible.  Or too loud. Loud pipes may not save lives, but loud horns get's them off the phone!
I'm just saying......
Let's Ride!

No comments:

Post a Comment